Thursday, January 24, 2013

Spring Semester

This week I started my spring semester, which is exciting for so many reasons, and also sucks Satan's balls. No. Seriously. Because I'm totally immersed in writing, reading, and publishing this semester, but I also have one of the busiest schedules I've ever had before between my internship and classes that are going to be time vampires due to the sheer amount of reading that's required.

It probably doesn't help I've got senioritis as a junior...

I also plan on joining the twenty-first century this semester by my recent purchase of a smart phone. The plan is to be able to add photos to this blog, too, and hopefully make it more interesting/exciting. I can also update when I'm not in front of my computer, which appears to be less and less these days. I hate that this has dropped on my priority list. I also hate that my novel draft, too, needs to drop as a priority right now, but I guess I can make up for that by working on my writing for class. Between my Writers at Work and Advanced Creative Writing courses, I'm sure I'll be doing a shit-ton of it.

Shit-ton. Does that get a hyphen? Two words? Shitton as one word looks like a hot mess.

I digress.

I probably won't post everything I write here--just the stuff that feels appropriate to the purposes of this blog. I will work hard on posting more, and making those posts more visually appealing. I've dug my writing journal out of the basket on my desk and dusted it off, so maybe if I'm better about keeping that, I'll be better about updating here, too.

You also may have noticed something of a change in tone here from previous posts. Yeah. Get used to this. I don't have the brain capacity or will to try and sound a certain way anymore. This is who I am. Love me!

...Or hate me. I'm not needy.

Not much, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment