Sunday, January 13, 2013

Editorial Internship and Other Updates

So this week I started my editorial internship at Running Press, and so far, I love publishing. It's really interesting to see inside the industry, such as looking at proposals and copyeditting. It's definitely helping my grammar and punctuation skills. I think I have found my career. It's only been one week, yeah, but I've never been so excited about something before. This is definitely a dream job, so now I'm considering graduate school to get an M.S. in publishing. NYU's program, especially, looks great.

On a bigger note, I finished the first draft of the first book of the Aureole 53 series. I'm still in shock. I plan to write the second book before I start shopping around for agents/publishers, but this is monumental. It's still in a messy, revision stage, but now I have something complete to fix up. I am so excited about 2013 right now. I think this will be an awesome year.

Classes also start soon. Break went so fast, but I'm taking one literature class and two writing classes along with my internship so I'm prepared to be tired, but looking forward to it.

Love,

Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment